Independent Parlour Testing
Independent Parlour Testing Service
Elite Milking Systems provide an independent parlour testing service throughout Staffordshire, Cheshire, Derbyshire. All independent parlour testing that is carried out by Elite Milking Systems is tested to BS ISO 6690.
What does independent parlour testing involve?
Milking Machine Testing
The Test Covers Several Aspects
While this minimum level of testing does indeed test the most important aspects of the parlours function, a more thorough dynamic test covers several important aspects:
- Effective milking machine function: measuring milking time per cow, observing teat condition after milking and looking for evidence of liner slippage problems.
- Correct milk flow through the plant: ensuring milk is carried away and not allowed to remain in cluster unit clawpieces, ‘bathing’ teat ends in potentially contaminated milk.
- Correct Automatic Cluster Remover settings: which may be identified as a reason why cows are overmilked and suffer teat damage, or undermilked leading to potential mastitis problems.
- Cow flow and behaviour in the parlour: there may be spurious reasons why this is poor, such as small design problems or even stray electrical voltages.
- Operator assessment: observing techniques and practices in the parlour, correcting those which may encourage pathogen spread or teat damage.
- Correct plant cleaning function or technique: monitoring wash temperatures, flow rates, solution distribution and chemical concentrations, particularly in automatic systems.
Following the manufacturer’s specifications and recommendations for parlour maintenance and servicing is essential in avoiding problems and breakdowns.
Information provided by the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board
An independent parlour test will test for the following:
- Performance testing
- Mechanical testing
- Leak tests
- Vacuum measurement
- Vacuum pumps
- Flow measurement
- Pulsating flow
- Volume measurement
Independent Parlour Testing Aftercare from Elite Milking Systems
With engineers based in Leek, Newcastle under Lyme & Stafford, Elite Milking Systems are ideally placed to service Staffordshire, Derbyshire & Cheshire for all of your independent parlour testing needs.
24/7, 365 days a year
Elite Milking Systems are on call for emergency work 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, and you can be assured we will give you 100% attention even to the most minute details.
We are able to carryout most jobs connected with the dairy industry, from minor breakdowns, through plumbing, servicing, certified maintenance, parlour testing to BS ISO 6690 and updates to existing parlour’s and systems. We can also supply and fit a range of New BouMatic parlour’s and an extensive range of second-hand and refurbished systems.
Elite Milking Systems Assure:
- Competitive Prices
- A Professional Service
- Quick Service and professional advice
- Boumatic™ Main Dealer for Cheshire